Welcome to the next post for the Bear-All Showcase.
If you have not already seen original post go check it out if this sort of thing looks like your sort of thing.
So without further-ado here is Ryan and his answers, here we go…..
1) Name (alias) – ProjectGood, Kemui, Ryan, Oi!, You there!
2) How long have you been into the hobby? 19 Years
3) How were you introduced to the hobby?
My friend had a single space marine figure that he’d painted, and I said “What’s that?” He replied, I’m not sure, but there’s loads more of them in the games shop in Colchester…
4) What attracted you to the hobby all that time ago?
It was way better than Hornby railways, plus I collected dice… Geez how sad am I…? (Not at all fella).
5) Has that same attraction changed over time?
Nah, I’m just getting more like Mr Trebus and hording stuff
6) Can you put collecting, building, converting, painting, gaming into order of preference please.
Yes. Yes I can. Oh, you actually want me to do it. Erm… Building, Collecting, Converting, Gaming, Painting
7) Why is Building your top preference?
Knives, superglue, oh and you can’t do the rest without it.
8) What does a bear do in the woods? Picnic.
9) What was the first miniature you ever bought/painted? A GW epic ork
10) Do you still have it? I haven’t got a clue – probably not.
11) What is your favourite ever miniature? Rackham Titan Dragon
12) What is it about that one, which makes it your favourite?
I’ve got one, and it’s a limited edition – and it’s HUGE (and expensive)
13) Bacon OR Sausage? Pigs in blankets (combo platter I see)
14) What was your first gaming system?
Heroquest (if that counts, if not 40K 2nd Ed.)
15)What gaming systems do you currently play?
Good: the Battle, Anima Tactics, Eden, Infinity, 40K
16) What is your favourite system you have ever played?
I’m guessing I can’t say Good: the Battle (why not? Oh I see), so i’ll go with Anima
So many different combinations of forces, every game you play something new happens
18) What do you look for in a new game? English Text, and shiny pictures
19) Is toast really that lethal? Only when fired through a cannon.
20) Can you put these into preference – Miniatures, Fluff, Rules
Miniatures, Rules, Fluff
21) Why is miniatures the most important?
I can make my own rules, I can make my own fluff, I’m rubbish at sculpting miniatures.
22) Original or re-made? I didn’t know re-made was a flavour of crisp.
And since Mr Ryan is the boss of Project Good some really deep meaningful questions about the industry.
23) Is working with miniatures all day cool? Yes, especially miniature whiskeys
24) Is it harder to find time to do the hobby when the hobby is the job? Yes.
25) Are you slightly more insane because of it? Trouser Biscuits.
Time for the good (haha) bit the miniatures;
Anima: My light squad – other than the dragon, i’ve never put so much time into 4 miniatures – rather proud of them…
Titan Dragon: My wife named him Duncan…
It’s not pictures, but wargamey related – I won the design a squad competition on the GW specialist games website ages ago with this team;